People’s Choice Credit Union has taken top honours at the Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards, named Building Society/Credit Union of the Year 2016.
People’s Choice Chief Executive Officer, Steve Laidlaw, said he was pleased that People’s Choice had again been acknowledged for its dedication to members with another customer satisfaction title from Roy Morgan.
“This is the second time we have been named Credit Union of the Year in Roy Morgan’s annual Customer Satisfaction Awards, following the achievement of this same honour in 2014,” Mr Laidlaw said.
“At People’s Choice, our most fundamental measures of success are how we support our members and how happy they are with us. Because our owners are our customers, we have a purity of purpose which is to do the right thing by our members,” he said.
“This acknowledgement from Roy Morgan really demonstrates the quality of what we offer as a credit union, and the steps we have taken over the past year to engage more deeply with our members to better understand their needs and make decisions in their best interests,” he said.
“This is also reflected in the fact that People’s Choice was ranked by Roy Morgan as the best credit union for customer service every month from July to December 2016,” he said.
“There are many Australians who are disaffected with the big banks, so acknowledgment such as this helps highlight that People’s Choice stands as a real alternative,” he said.
Customer satisfaction winners for the calendar year awards are based on 12 months of data including interviews with 50,000 consumers and 12,000 business decision-makers. Australia’s largest continuous nationwide single source survey, Roy Morgan Research has over 75 years experience in collecting objective, independent information on consumers.
In addition to this latest accolade from Roy Morgan, People’s Choice Credit Union has been recognised with numerous awards for its products and services in recent times, including:
- Double honours in Mozo’s 2016 Experts Choice Award for Car Loans and Term Deposits
- CANSTAR’s 2016 First Home Buyer Customer Owned Institution of the Year – SA
- 2013, 2014 and 2016 CANSTAR First Home Buyer Award in South Australia
- 2013, 2014 and 2015 CANSTAR First Home Buyer Award in the Northern Territory (discontinued in 2016)
- Double honours in Mozo’s 2015 Experts Choice Awards in the New Car Loan and Used Car Loans categories
- Double honours in Mozo’s 2015 People’s Choice Awards as one of Australia’s Top 5 Credit Unions and for Savings Accounts
- Credit Union of the Year in the 2014 Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards.
Australians can become more satisfied with their banking by joining People’s Choice today.