Australia’s second largest credit union has today been announced as a winner of the 2017 Mozo People’s Choice Awards in dual categories – Highly Trusted and Staff Friendliness – based on the ratings of more than 3,700 banking customers.
Financial comparison site Mozo commissioned the national survey which asked consumers to rate their current banking provider on a range of factors with responses rating 118 different banking providers.
“The winners of these awards are not chosen by banking executives, they are chosen by everyday Australians – the people who bank and use these services,” said Mozo Director Kirsty Lamont.
“With over 110 banking providers reviewed by customers, to be awarded a Mozo People’s Choice Award is an extraordinary achievement given the fierce competition in the retail banking space right now,” she said.
People’s Choice Chief Executive Officer, Steve Laidlaw, said he was very pleased that the credit union had been acknowledged for its dedication to members with these awards.
“At People’s Choice, our most fundamental measures of success are how we support our members and how happy they are with us. Because our owners are our customers, we have a purity of purpose which is to do the right thing by our members,” Mr Laidlaw said.
“This acknowledgement really demonstrates the quality of what we offer as a credit union, and the steps we are taking to engage more deeply with our members to better understand their needs and make decisions in their best interests.
“There are many Australians who are disaffected with the big banks, so acknowledgment that People’s Choice is trusted over other banks fits our Vision and highlights that we are a real alternative that stands out by doing the right thing,” he said.
People’s Choice Credit Union has been recognised with numerous other awards for its products and services in recent years, including:
- Building Society/Credit Union of the Year 2016 and 2014 at Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards
- Mozo 2016 Experts Choice for Personal Loans
- CANSTAR 2016 First Home Buyer Customer Owned Institution of the Year – SA
- 2013, 2014 and 2016 CANSTAR First Home Buyer Award in South Australia
- 2013, 2014 and 2015 CANSTAR First Home Buyer Award in the Northern Territory (discontinued in 2016)
- Double honours for Mozo’s 2015 Expert’s Awards in the New Car Loan and Used Car Loans categories
- Double honours in Mozo’s 2015 People’s Choice Awards as one of Australia’s Top 5 Credit Unions and for Savings Accounts.