Our Mobile Banking App provides the same high level of security as our Internet Banking, so you can bank on the go, stress free. We’ve even implemented People’s Choice Secure Code, an extra layer of security (and peace of mind). Read more about Secure Code here.
We work to make sure sure your identity and personal information is protected when using mobile banking and you can too! Check out the following tips and suggestions for keeping your Mobile Banking secure.
- Always remember to lock your device when it’s not in use. This protects your device so nobody else can use it or view your information. Also be sure to store your device in a safe location
- Avoid using the same PIN to lock your device and to access the Mobile Banking App
- Don’t store your banking PIN’s or passwords in your mobile device (for example in the Notes section)
- Advise People's Choice Credit Union immediately if you lose or have your mobile device stolen
- Frequently delete text messages from your financial institution, especially before sharing, discarding, or selling your device
- Never disclose any personal information (account numbers, passwords, or any combination of sensitive information like your driver's licence number or birth date that could be used in ID theft) via text message
- Do not hack or modify your device as this can leave it open to infection from a virus or Trojan
- We recommend you install and maintain the appropriate security software for your device
- Install and keep up to date anti-virus software for your mobile device and ensure it is purchased from a reputable supplier
- To ensure the safety of your personal and account information, download mobile apps from reputable sources only
- Check privacy polices and permissions of any apps you download to ensure personal and account information is safe
If you have suspicions about the authenticity of a Mobile Banking App or if you notice any unauthorised transactions on your account, contact us immediately on 13 11 82.