We’ll help keep your boat afloat
Whether you’re on or off the water, your boat needs protection. Teaming with CGU, one of Australia’s most trusted and credentialed insurers, we’ll have you covered so you can get on with enjoying the moment.
Get the right cover for how you use your boat and only pay for the protection you need. Options available for sailing, motorised water sports (including water skiing) and racing risk.
We’re here to help you keep your boat afloat.
With our boat insurance policy you can enjoy:
- Easy application process
- Fortnightly, Monthly or Annual payments available at no extra cost
- Direct debit or credit card payment options
What am I covered for?
- Accidental damage, fire or theft on land, in transit, or afloat within 200 nautical miles of the Australian coastline
- Personal accident cover
- New replacement boat in the event of total loss (if the boat is less than two years old)
- Towing costs
- The cost (up to $500) of returning your boat to your home if it is damaged beyond use (providing the accident happened more than 100km from home)
- Accessories, tools, fishing equipment and contents (up to $1,000) if lost or damaged on board
- Reasonable costs towards replacing keys, where stolen or destroyed by fire
- Cost of inspecting damage to hull if stranded
- Food spoilage (up to $500)
- Travel costs (up to $1,000)
- Personal property up to $1,500
- If the motor of the boat is submerged and then recovered, reasonable costs to dismantle, clean and oil motor, and dry electrical equipment and instruments
- Full cover for voluntary rescue work
- Social yacht racing (providing the race is less than 50 nautical miles and doesn’t involve spinnakers)
- Power boat time trials (maximum speed of 25 knots)
Optional Additional Cover
- Agreed value sum insured option available
- Water skiers or aquaplaning risk cover is available for motorised boats only and covers damage to property or personal injury arising from any person being towed on water by the boat or substitute boat
- Racing risk cover is available for sailing boats only and covers loss or damage to sails or protective covers caused by the wind and loss of or damage to sails, masts, spars and rigging when the boat is within the following navigational limits:
- Within 200 nautical miles of the boat’s home port or
- Within 200 nautical miles of the place where the boat was last launched and within Australian territorial waters
How to make a claim
To make a claim, click here or contact the dedicated 24-hour claims hotline on 13 24 80.
To enquire about an existing claim, call us on 13 11 82.
Please refer to the Boat Insurance Product Disclosure Statement for full details of cover limits and terms and conditions.