BSB 805 050

To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies. Learn more about cookies.

BSB 805 050

Home & Contents Insurance

We’ve got your building and contents covered at a price you can live with

Two levels of cover to suit your needs

Pay monthly or fortnightly at no extra cost

Emergency repairs and alternative accommodation

Home and Contents Insurance that's designed to help protect your greatest assets.

For most people their home is their biggest asset, not to mention all the valuable items inside. If you are a home owner or renter, protect your dream home and the things you love from the unexpected.

CGU's home insurances let you pick and choose so you’ll always get the best value. You have the option to add on or leave out additional valuable items to make sure you're only paying for the cover you want.

Have peace of mind that you are covered for major events such as flood, storm, fire, theft and much more. Your cover could help you repair or replace your insured home and contents so that you’re back on your feet as soon as possible.^

In partnership with leading insurance company CGU, one of Australia’s most trusted and credentialed insurers, we offer you two flexible Home and/or Contents insurance cover options:

  • Accidental Damage
  • Listed Events

Use our online building insurance and contents insurance calculators to work out exactly how much insurance you really want.



Want a quote?

We can provide everyone with a quote, but to take the quote to policy, you must be a member of People’s Choice Credit Union. Get more information or apply to become a member.

Get a quote today

Alternatively, for a quote please call 13 11 82 or visit your nearest branch - it’s quick and easy.



How to make an insurance claim

To make a claim, click here or contact the dedicated 24-hour claims hotline on 13 24 80.
To enquire about an existing claim, call us on 13 11 82.

Make an insurance claim


Please refer to the relevant Insurance Product Disclosure Statement for full details of cover limits and terms and conditions.

Please refer to the relevant Key Facts Sheets for details of our Home Building and Home Contents policies.


Compare the features and benefits of our two Insurance Policies, Accidental Damage and Listed Events

Key benefitsAccidental DamageListed Events
Accidental Damage cover Yes Optional extra for valuable items available
Accidental Loss cover Yes No;
Optional extra for valuable items available
New for old contents cover Yes Yes
Bicycle cover (Australia wide) Yes Limitations apply
Accidental loss or damage for Mobile phone cover (up to $2,500) (Australia wide) Yes Only available with optional extra for valuable items
Accidental loss or damage for Photographic equipment cover (up to $2,500) (Australia wide) Yes Only available with optional extra for valuable items
Camping equipment cover (Australia wide) Yes Limitation apply
Fortnightly, Monthly or Annual payment options at no additional cost Yes Yes
Electrical burnout of motors and pumps less than 15 years old Yes Yes
Replacement of keys and repair and re-coding of locks and barrels for either external doors or windows Unlimited Up to $1,000
Money and negotiable documents Up to $1,250 Up to $750
Credit card loss liability Up to $5,000 Up to $5,000
Works of art including paintings and rugs Up to $20,000 per item, unless specified separately Up to $20,000 per item, unless specified separately
Loss of frozen foods as a result of your freezer breaking down Unlimited Up to $500
Loss of frozen food from any cause Unlimited No
Liability cover $20 million $20 million
Trees, plants and shrubs replacement Up to $1,500 Up to $1,500

Most popular questions...

More questions...


Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we don’t have a branch in this area, so please call us on 13 11 82 to see how we can still help you.

How do I calculate how much insurance I need for my home building?

Calculate how much to insure your home building for.

Launch Calculator

How do I calculate how much insurance I need for my home contents?

Calculate how much to insure your home contents for.

Launch Calculator

What is home insurance? What does it cover?

Whatever your home looks like, you’ll want to keep it safe. This means more than locking doors at night, or keeping your gutters clear of dead leaves in summer – it can also mean getting home insurance as financial protection if something unfortunate happens.

Learn more

^Subject to the product issuer’s underwriting rules and acceptance guidelines. Policy conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for full details. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply and are available upon application.

The information above is general advice only and does not take into consideration your personal objectives, financial situation or needs (“your personal circumstances”). Please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), other Disclosure Documents and your personal circumstances before making any decision to purchase the products. Contact us on 13 11 82 with any questions, or visit your nearest branch to talk to a consultant.

General insurance (including Travel Insurance) is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance.

People’s Choice Credit Union, a trading name of Australian Central Credit Union Ltd. ABN 11 087 651 125 Australian Financial Services Licence 244310, acts under its own Australian Financial Service Licence and under an agreement with the insurer Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance.

We'd like to use your current location

For a more personalised experience please enter your location below...


Change your location