BSB 805 050

To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies. Learn more about cookies.

BSB 805 050

Landlord Insurance

Help protect your investment and relax with insurance that lets you choose the type of cover you want

Damage caused by your tenant's pets up to $2,500 per claim^

Protection for all property types

Includes cover for deliberate vandalism and malicious acts^

Protection for your investment property made simple

We understand that as a landlord it can be stressful maintaining an investment property and dealing with tenants. Landlords insurance can give you peace of mind and confidence that your property will be looked after should something go wrong.

We’ve teamed up with CGU, to provide Landlords Residential Property Insurance that helps protect your building and contents with optional additional cover so you only pay for what you want.

Use our online building insurance calculator* to help work out how much cover you may need.

We can provide everyone with a quote, but to take the quote to policy, you must be a member of People’s Choice Credit Union. Get more information or apply to become a member. 



Want a quote?

We can provide everyone with a quote, but to take the quote to policy, you must be a member of People’s Choice Credit Union. Get more information or apply to become a member.


Alternatively, for a quote please call 13 11 82 or visit your nearest branch - it’s quick and easy.



How to make an insurance claim

To make a claim, click here or contact the dedicated 24-hour claims hotline on 13 24 80.
To enquire about an existing claim, call us on 13 11 82.



What am I covered for^?

Flood automatically included

Fire, explosion, earthquake, storm, rainwater, wind, tsunami, theft and liquid damage

Malicious damage by tenants - CGU will cover your buildings or contents for loss or damage caused by a tenant or their visitors

Additional cover for removal of debris and demolition that results from loss to your building or contents, up to 10% of your building or contents sum insured

Additional cover for the cost of employing an architect or surveyor and also any legal fees that arise from the rebuilding of your home, up to 10% of your building sum insured

If you sell your home, CGU will extend the building cover to the purchaser until the contract settlement date, the purchaser insures the home, or the purchaser becomes liable for damage to the home (whichever happens first)


Optional Additional Cover^

Loss of rent - if your buildings suffer loss or damage and are uninhabitable as a result of a covered claim, CGU will cover loss of rent for up to 12 months and up to your policy sum insured.

Rent default and theft by tenant - During the current COVID-19 pandemic, a decision has been made to switch off the Rent Default and Theft by a Tenant options across all IAG brands until further notice. CGU is not offering cover for Rent Default and Theft by a Tenant on new policies right now, so you can’t add it as an optional extra. There’s no change to your cover if you already have a Landlord Insurance policy that includes the rent default or theft by tenant options.

Strata title mortgage protection - CGU will cover the amount you must pay and up to the listed sum insured to settle your mortgage following loss or damage to buildings that you own under a strata title or similar plan

Legal liability - CGU will cover your legal liability as a result of any incident listed in the product disclosure statement that causes loss or damage to someone else's property or death or bodily injury to other people, during your period of insurance. Choose from $5 million, $10 million, $15 million or $20 million cover





Most popular questions...

More questions...

  • What happens when I make a claim?

    Once your claim is lodged with CGU, they will allocate a claims consultant who will contact you with the next step. Your claims consultant will keep you informed about your claim's progress along the way.

    CGU will give you a claim number which will be your ongoing reference to the claim. You can use this reference for all claims enquiries when providing information to CGU on your claim.

    Some claims are simple, but others are more involved - either way, you can be sure that CGU will be working as quickly and efficiently as possible to process your claim.

  • Do I have a choice of repairer?

    You can choose your own repairer or supplier if you would like to. To do this you will need to provide CGU with a written quote from your chosen supplier. If the quote is found to be fair and reasonable (that is comparable to the quotes CGU have received), then you can engage your repairer or supplier.
    Alternatively you can choose to use CGU’s Partner Repairers. This will simplify the process and save time. CGU’s supplier network is extensive and will attempt to provide you with prompt attention at a time that is convenient to you.

  • How can I find out how my assessment or repair is progressing?

    For queries on assessments and repairs you can call 13 11 82 from 8:00am - 8:00pm (ACST) Monday to Friday.


Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we don’t have a branch in this area, so please call us on 13 11 82 to see how we can still help you.

What is Landlord Insurance?

Your guide to Landlord Insurance costs, cover and lingo.

Learn more

Invest in property

Build your wealth with the right strategy and loan to maximise your investment

Learn more

Home and Contents Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. Subject to the product issuer’s underwriting rules and acceptance guidelines. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for full details.

Any advice is general advice only and does not take into consideration your personal objectives, financial situation or needs (“your personal circumstances”). Please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), other Disclosure Documents and your personal circumstances before making any decision to purchase the products. Contact us on 13 11 82 with any questions, or visit your nearest branch to talk to a consultant.

People’s Choice Credit Union, a trading name of Australian Central Credit Union Ltd. ABN 11 087 651 125 Australian Financial Services Licence 244310, acts under its own Australian Financial Service Licence and under an agreement with the insurer Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance.

We'd like to use your current location

For a more personalised experience please enter your location below...


Change your location