Protection for your investment property made easy
We understand that as a landlord it can be stressful maintaining an investment property and dealing with tenants. Landlords insurance can give you peace of mind and confidence that your property will be looked after should something go wrong.
We’ve teamed up with one of Australia’s most credentialed insurance organisations, CGU, to provide Landlords Residential Property Insurance that protects your building and contents with optional additional cover so you only pay for what you want.
Use our online building insurance calculator to work out exactly how much insurance you really want.
What am I covered for?
- Flood automatically included
- Fire, explosion, earthquake, storm, rainwater, wind, tsunami, theft and liquid damage
- Malicious damage by tenants - CGU will cover your buildings or contents for loss or damage caused by a tenant or their visitors
- Additional cover for removal of debris and demolition that results from loss to your building or contents, up to 10% of your building or contents sum insured
- Additional cover for the cost of employing an architect or surveyor and also any legal fees that arise from the rebuilding of your home, up to 10% of your building sum insured
- If you sell your home, CGU will extend the building cover to the purchaser until the contract settlement date, the purchaser insures the home, or the purchaser becomes liable for damage to the home (whichever happens first)
Optional Additional Cover
- Loss of rent - if your buildings suffer loss or damage and are uninhabitable as a result, CGU will cover loss of rent for up to 12 months
- Rent default and theft by tenant - CGU will cover rent default and theft by tenant and associated legal costs as a direct result of the incident up to $5,000
- Strata title mortgage protection - CGU will cover the amount you must pay to settle your mortgage following loss or damage to buildings that you own under a strata title or similar plan
- Legal liability - CGU will cover your legal liability as a result of any incident listed in the product disclosure statement that causes loss or damage to someone else's property or death or bodily injury to other people, during your period of insurance. Choose from $5 million, $10 million, $15 million or $20 million cover
Please refer to the Please refer to the Landlords Residential Property Insurance Product Disclosure Statement for full details of cover limits and terms and conditions.