Travel safe, travel happy
You take care of the selfie, we’ll take care of the camera.
Wherever you may be heading next, make sure unexpected events don’t ruin your trip or your wallet! We've partnered with CGU to provide affordable travel insurance that will take the stress out of travel. Covering a wide range of unexpected events, CGU's travel insurance is tailored to suit your travel plans and budget.
We're there when you need us
If you get sick or injured
We'll provide cover for the ambulance, hospital and surgery while travelling overseas.
If your stuff is lost or stolen
We'll cover the costs for luggage, cameras, clothes and more.
If there’s an emergency
We're here on the phone 24/7 and ready to help.
If you need unexpected medical or dental treatment while overseas, we’ll cover you.
If you lose your passport, have an accident or the weather goes bananas, we’ll cover accommodation and travel expenses.
Rental vehicle cover
If you have an accident in your rental car, we’ll cover the vehicle’s insurance excess.
If you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances, we’ll refund your prepaid flights and accommodation.
Cover for every type of traveller
Whether it’s your first trip ever or just your first trip this year, we’ve got you sorted.
Backpackers and first-timers
Your big global adventure awaits and no one knows what’s ahead. So get covered, just in case.
Enjoy your family holiday with peace of mind knowing that you and your loved ones are all insured.
If you’re a seasoned traveller, you’ll know that things can and do go wrong. You know what to do.
Your travel cover, your way: make it your own
There are four levels of cover to suit your needs and budget:
- Platinum: top-level cover with unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs, unlimited emergency expenses in certain circumstances and many other great benefits
- Premium: mid-level cover, including unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs and many other benefits
- Essentials: affordable basic cover that includes unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs
- Annual Multi-Trip: Platinum level cover for multiple international trips within 12 months
When you’re travelling around Australia, you’ll enjoy your trip more knowing you have cover for:
- cancelled or rescheduled plans if due to unforeseen circumstances
- damaged or lost luggage and travel documents
- certain emergency expenses
- accidental death and disability in certain circumstances
Hitting the slopes? Get peace of mind with optional extra cover for snow holidays including:
- costs for hiring your skis or board if yours is damaged in transit
- medical cover if you have a skiing accident
- emergency dental cover
- replacement of your snow equipment if yours is lost, damaged or stolen
If you're heading on a cruise, we have optional cruise cover available for your grand voyage. You'll get:
- cover for every country you visit - when you list each on your policy
- medical and emergency dental cover if you have an accident
- costs for returning home if it's deemed medically necessary
- cover for cancelled or rescheduled extra activities and day trips
- replacement of certain items that are lost, stolen or damaged
Optional extra cover for valuables
If you’re taking important possessions with you, we’ll cover the replacement of items such as:
- ski and snowboarding gear
- golf clubs
Conditions apply to all cover types.
Please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for full terms and conditions.
Insurance you can trust
Every day, thousands of Australians trust CGU Insurance.
Making a claim
Backed by CGU
We’re backed by CGU, one of Australia’s most trusted insurers, with more than 165 years of experience.
We believe in contributing to our local communities, and we’ve raised thousands of dollars for worthy causes.
We provide a 24-hour emergency assistance hotline for you to call if you have any difficulties while travelling. Call from anywhere in the world to speak with a highly trained, multilingual consultant (we accept reverse charges for overseas calls), or email [email protected].