BSB 805 050

To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies. Learn more about cookies.

BSB 805 050


Find answers to some of the most common questions from our members 

Our BSB is 805 050

Most popular questions...

More questions...

  • What happens with my excess?

    All excesses are specified in your insurance policy schedule or policy booklet and conditions regarding the payment of your excess will vary depending on the policy type, i.e. motor, land, etc.

    For example, with a motor claim, if CGU determine that you are not ‘at fault’ in an incident, CGU will not deduct the excess specified in your insurance policy when CGU settle your claim. However, if CGU determine you are ‘at fault’, the excess will apply.

  • Would my home and contents be covered for flood?

    From February 2012 all new and renewed policies for Home & Contents and Landlords Residential Property Insurance will automatically include flood cover. Whether it's from a river or storm water, our flood cover will protect your greatest assets with the cover you need.

  • Do I need to have confirmation of ownership of my contents?

    We will ask for reasonable confirmation of ownership. This will allow us to replace your item or items with the best possible match.

    This type of confirmation can vary from item to item, or situation to situation. A combination of receipts, warranty books and photos are the preferred methods of confirming ownership.

  • What is the level of contents insurance cover that I should have?

    In the event of a loss you will want to replace any items damaged or stolen with brand new items, so you will need to have enough insurance to cover the replacement cost of all your contents. And think about more than just your 'big ticket' items like the fridge and tv - there are a lot of items of value inside your cupboards too! Remember to add on the cost of replacing clothes, crockery, books etc.

  • What is an excess?

    When you make a claim you may need to contribute an amount towards the cost of that claim. This is called an excess.

  • How can I pay my insurance premiums?

    Your insurance premium can be deducted from an account you nominate on either a monthly or annual basis at no extra cost.

  • Do I get a discount if I have an alarm?

    Yes, People's Choice Credit Union offers reduced contents premiums for homes with a local alarm and extra reductions if it's a monitored back to base alarm.

  • Am I covered for my personal effects away from home?

    At People's Choice Credit Union we can arrange a policy for you that covers your personal items away from home.

We'd like to use your current location

For a more personalised experience please enter your location below...


Change your location