BSB 805 050

To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies. Learn more about cookies.

BSB 805 050


Find answers to some of the most common questions from our members 

Our BSB is 805 050

Most popular questions...

More questions...

  • Do I have a choice of repairer?

    You can choose your own repairer or supplier if you would like to. To do this you will need to provide CGU with a written quote from your chosen supplier. If the quote is found to be fair and reasonable (that is comparable to the quotes CGU have received), then you can engage your repairer or supplier.
    Alternatively you are can choose to use CGU’s Partner Repairers. This will simplify the process and save time. CGU’s supplier network is extensive and can provide you with prompt attention at a time that is convenient to you.

  • What information will I need when lodging a claim?

    The more information you are able to give the CGU claims consultant, the quicker we will be able to process your claim.

    You will need to provide the following details:

    • Your policy number and type
    • Verify your personal policy details
    • The name of the insured on the policy
    • Detailed description of the incident
    • The date of loss and the loss address
    • Any details of other parties involved (if applicable)
  • How can I find out how my assessment or repair is progressing?

    For queries on motor assessments and repairs you can call 13 11 82 from 8:00am - 8:00pm (ACST) Monday to Friday.

  • What happens with my excess?

    All excesses are specified in your insurance policy schedule or policy booklet and conditions regarding the payment of your excess will vary depending on the policy type, i.e. motor, land, etc.

    For example, with a motor claim, if CGU determine that you are not ‘at fault’ in an incident, CGU will not deduct the excess specified in your insurance policy when CGU settle your claim. However, if CGU determine you are ‘at fault’, the excess will apply. CGU will advise if you will need to pay an excess on your claim.

  • If I have an existing insurance policy, can my no claim bonus be transferred over?

    We base our no claim bonus on your driving history not your insurance history, even if you haven't had insurance in your name in the past.

  • Do I have a choice of either agreed or market value?

    You have a choice to insure your vehicle for either an agreed value or the market value.

  • What is an excess?

    When you make a claim you may need to contribute an amount towards the cost of that claim. This is called an excess.

  • I'm in the process of buying and selling a new car, what happens to my insurance during this time?

    We will provide temporary cover if you permanently replace your vehicle in the period of insurance from the date of purchase for a maximum of 14 days.
    All you need to do is contact us with the full details of the replacement vehicle within 14 days of taking ownership of the vehicle. A new premium for your replacement vehicle will need to be calculated.

  • What does 'market value' mean?

    The amount of money it would cost to replace your vehicle in your local area with an identical vehicle. This takes into account the condition of your vehicle. It also includes any GST and stamp duty you must pay for the transfer of ownership of the replacement vehicle.

  • Can I get a discount if I have an alarm fitted?

    No. Our claims experience suggests theft of vehicles, and thefts from vehicles, does not differ significantly enough to warrant a further discount between vehicles with and without alarms.

  • Why do I have to pay an age excess?

    Insurance research shows drivers under 25 have a higher likelihood of lodging a claim where they are at fault. To compensate for that, an age excess applies if you are at fault in an accident.

  • What does 'agreed value' mean?

    Agreed value is the amount we agree to insure your vehicle for and remains fixed for the term of the current policy period. It is adjusted on each renewal and shown on your current schedule. An agreed value policy means that in the unfortunate event of your vehicle being declared a total loss, you know what you'll be covered for, regardless of changes in the market. This value includes modifications, manufacturers' options and accessories that we have agreed to insure.

  • What is the difference between Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft and Third Party Property Damage Motor Vehicle Insurance?

    Comprehensive provides cover for loss or damage to your vehicle in the event of an accident, fire or theft. It also covers your legal liability for loss or damage to another person's vehicle or property.

    Third Party Fire and Theft provides cover damage to your vehicle by fire and theft only and your legal liability for loss or damage to another person's vehicle or property.

    Third Party Property Damage provides cover for your legal liability for loss or damage to another person's vehicle or property - however, it does not cover damage to your car. Find out more about People's Choice Credit Union Car Insurance.

We'd like to use your current location

For a more personalised experience please enter your location below...


Change your location