Find answers to some of the most common questions from our members
Visa has allowed Visa payWave retailers and merchants to ability to waive the need for collecting a signature or PIN for purchases under $100 to ensure that using Visa payWave is as simple and convenient as using cash and to keep transaction processing quick and efficient. Purchases over $100 will still require a PIN or signature to complete a transaction.
All you need is a Visa card with the payWave feature. People's Choice Credit Union offers members a credit or debit Visa card with the payWave feature. To find out if your card has contactless technology, it will have the payWave logo on the front.
If you do not currently have a card with contactless technology, when your current card expires or is re-issued if reported as lost or stolen, the replacement card you receive will have contactless technology.
There are no fees for setting up or using the payWave feature on your card. However standard fees and charges may apply to our cards or card related transactions. For more information, please refer to our Fees and Charges document.
Yes. The card can still be used the traditional way at non contactless terminals as it still has a chip and magnetic stripe, by either swiping or inserting the card and entering a PIN or signing you can complete the transaction. You can still choose to use your PIN or sign for transactions less than $100 if you prefer not to use the payWave functionality if the merchant facility still allows transactions to be made in this way.
Visa payWave is a globally accepted, contactless payment solution. It allows Visa cardholders to complete transactions under $100 without having to swipe or insert the card. You simply wave the Visa card in front of the contactless terminal and go. No need to enter a PIN or sign for the transaction. It’s that simple.
All Visa payWave readers are tested and certified to make sure a card is only read once per transaction. As a safeguard, each transaction must be complete or void before another one can take place.
Yes, they are:
• You are in control - your contactless card never leaves your hands to make a payment
• No accidental payments - your contactless card must be extremely close to the reader at the checkout to work
• Customers won't be double-charged for the same transaction even if the card touches the reader more than once.
• The maximum reach of 4cm means that you can't unknowingly pay for another person's purchase
• Virtually impossible for any of your Visa card details to be intercepted while in use. Each payWave card reader contains security based on industry-wide standard.
For a more personalised experience please enter your location below...