While People's Choice Credit Union uses industry-standard encryption to help keep you safe while transacting with us online, there are also a number of steps you can take:
- Always type 'peopleschoicecu.com.au’ into your browser when accessing Internet Banking
- Ensure that your computers anti-virus software is installed and up to date
- Review your last login date & time when signing into Internet Banking to make sure it appears correct
- Take precautions on public computers or accessing free public wi-fi to make sure that your private details are protected and log off at the end of your session
- Always use secure sites with a ‘padlock’ icon showing on your web browser when transacting online
- Don’t follow links in emails asking for your account, card or personal details
- Be wary of pop ups during Internet Banking sessions requesting personal information or asking you to click on links
- Use email or SMS banking to confirm Internet Banking transactions and to help monitor your account
- Register your Factor2 Personal Icons for added security
- Regularly change your Internet Banking passwords and don’t use the same password for other accounts or systems.
- Don’t record or share your Internet Banking passwords with anyone else.
- Immediately contact People's Choice Credit Union if your computer has been infected with a virus or malicious software.
If you notice any unauthorised transactions on your account, or believe your details may have been compromised, change your passwords immediately and contact us on 13 11 82.