Suitable for members who
- Are unable or do not like to use the People's Choice App for online banking.
- Use a smartphone or tablet
- Have an Australian or overseas mobile number noted on their membership in Internet Banking – If not correct, call us on 13 11 82 to update
- Share a smartphone or tablet (only one membership can be registered with the People's Choice App)
- Are travelling throughout Australia or overseas
How to download
- Go to the Google Play Store (Android users) App Store (Apple users) or Microsoft Store (Windows users)
- Search for VIP Access from developer Symantec
- Download the App and ensure Push Notifications are enabled
- Check your mobile number is correct within Internet Banking
- If not correct, call 13 11 82 to update
You are now ready to register your VIP Access App for Mobile within Internet Banking as a secure device.
For more information on how to download the VIP Access App for Mobile refer to our User Guide.
How to register
- Log in to Internet Banking
- Select 'Settings' then 'Secure Code Management'
- You will be prompted to complete a second tier authentication challenge either by entering in your Factor2 Icons, SMS Verification code, approving a Push Notification or by entering a One Time Passcode.
- For first device registrations a One Time Passcode will be generated and sent via SMS to your registered mobile number. If you do not receive an SMS or do not have a mobile number registered in Internet Banking please call 1300 859 488 for your One Time Passcode
- Select 'Add device'
- Enter the name of the device (you're able to personalise the name of your device using alpha and numeric only, no symbols)
- Enter the Credential ID located in the Access App
- Agree to the Verisign Identity Protection End User Agreement
- Obtain a Secure Code from the Access App
- Click 'Save'
After these steps you will have successfully created a Secure Device and are now registered for People's Choice Secure Code.
For more information on how to register the VIP Access App for Mobile, refer to our User Guide
How to use
Secure Code has replaced SMS Verification and Personal Icons to protect you and your accounts from fraud.
Your VIP Access App for Mobile will generate a push notification asking you to ‘approve’ or ‘deny’ the transaction when prompted in Internet Banking. You can still access your 6 digit Secure Code in the App’s menu under ‘Secure Code’ without access to Wifi or mobile data.
You may be prompted for a Secure Code when you:
- Update your contact information
- Pay someone for the first time
- Activate your card
- Add a BPAY biller
- At login when travelling
Note: Make sure Push Notifications are enabled in your phone’s settings.
For more information on how to use People's Choice Secure Code, refer to the Internet Banking Guide