People’s Choice Credit Union has clinched an outstanding triple win, being named Australia’s best customer-owned financial institution for first home buyers in South Australia, Victoria and the Northern Territory.
The awards from Australia’s largest financial comparison site, Canstar, are based on an assessment of the competitiveness of People’s Choice’s home loan pricing and features, as well as the credit union’s deposit requirements, guarantee options, education, loan application, accessibility, security requirements and savings schemes – all of which help buyers make an informed decision.
“As one of Australia’s largest and most successful customer-owned financial institutions, we’ve helped generations of Australians to own their first home,” said People’s Choice spokesperson, Stuart Symons.
“To come out on top in not one, not two, but three regions reflects our absolute determination to do everything we can to help our members secure their financial future,” said Mr Symons.
“People’s Choice has won these awards in four out of the past five years in South Australia and the Northern Territory. Being named number one in Victoria for the first time is particularly pleasing due to our focus on growing our membership in this extremely competitive region,” he said.
The Victorian award follows the recent relaunch and network expansion of People’s Choice’s home loan offering in Victoria. In addition to nine branches throughout the state, a new purpose-built Home Loan Centre is now delivering a more supported model for lenders and members in Cranbourne, and a growing fleet of Mobile Home Loan Advisers are on the road servicing the greater Melbourne area.
“For our members, it’s about more than just a great rate. It’s also about the experience and the support our team offers members as they navigate through the process of making, what is for many, one of life’s largest investments,” said Mr Symons.
“We’re a genuine alternative to the big banks when it comes to buying your first home, and Canstar clearly agrees,” he said.
People’s Choice offers first home buyers a wide range of assistance, including:
• A discounted three-year fixed rate Home Loan Package.
• Family guarantees, so parents or guardians can provide security for the loan allowing purchasers to borrow up to 100% of the property value.
• Up to 40-year loan terms to approved applicants.
• Help for eligible applicants to access State and Territory government incentives or stamp duty concessions.
• Access to RP Data reports to help home buyers be more informed about their target suburb’s pricing history and trends.
• A range of useful features including unlimited split loan facilities, and discounts on a range of other products and services.
The three new Canstar awards add to a growing list of recognition for People’s Choice and its products and services, including:
• Building Society/Credit Union of the Year 2016 and 2014 at Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards
• Mozo 2017 People’s Choice Awards for Highly Trusted and Staff Friendliness
• 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017 Canstar First Home Buyer Customer Owned Institution of the Year – SA
• 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017 Canstar First Home Buyer Customer Owned Institution of the Year – NT (no award in 2016)
• Mozo 2016 Experts Choice Awards for Car Loans and Personal Term Deposits
• Mozo 2015 Experts Choice Awards for New Car Loans and Used Car Loans
• Mozo 2015 People’s Choice Awards as one of Australia’s Top 5 Credit Unions and for Savings Accounts.
To learn more about People’s Choice Credit Union’s award-winning home loans, click here.