BSB 805 050

To give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies. Learn more about cookies.

BSB 805 050

Car Insurance

Our Car Insurance lets you pick and choose your level of cover, so you’ll only pay for what you want

Three levels of cover, from comprehensive, third party fire and theft to third party property damage.

Pay monthly or fortnightly at no extra cost

Repairs you can trust

Flexible cover and value for money car insurance

When you’re driving, sometimes things can go wrong, whether it’s new shiny wheels or your pride and joy, you’ll want to make sure you’re protect. We’ve teamed up with CGU, one of Australia’s most trusted and credentialed insurers, to provide flexible cover and value for money car insurance that’s got you covered.

CGU's range of policies can cover common types of theft, loss or damage. And with a range of extra features and benefits you can add on, you'll only pay for what you want.

Plus a quick and easy claim process means you’ll drive away smiling.

With our car insurance policy you can enjoy:

Choice of repairer agreed with CGU, with a repair guarantee on authorised repairs

Choice of Market or Agreed value policy on comprehensive cover

Fortnightly, Monthly or Annual payments available at no extra cost

Choice to pay by direct debit or credit card

We've got levels of cover to suit you:


Third Party Fire & Theft

Third Party Property Damage


OPTIONAL Hire car costs after an incident with our Comprehensive car insurance cover. 

If you pay for this option, you will be covered for hire car vehicle costs following any incident for which you are covered under your policy up to $100 per day until you get your car back or until we settle your claim, up to 21 days. This cover is only available for cars. You will need to apply and pay an additional premium to include this cover.



Want a quote?

We can provide everyone with a quote, but to take the quote to policy, you must be a member of People’s Choice Credit Union. Get more information or apply to become a member.

Get a quote today

Alternatively, for a quote please call 13 11 82 or visit your nearest branch - it’s quick and easy.



How to make an insurance claim

To make a claim, click here or contact the dedicated 24-hour claims hotline on 13 24 80.
To enquire about an existing claim, call us on 13 11 82.



Please refer to the Motor Insurance Product Disclosure Statement for full details of cover limits and terms and conditions.



Most popular questions...

More questions...

  • What information will I need when lodging a claim?

    The more information you are able to give the CGU claims consultant, the quicker we will be able to process your claim.

    You will need to provide the following details:

    • Your policy number and type
    • Verify your personal policy details
    • The name of the insured on the policy
    • Detailed description of the incident
    • The date of the incident or event and the address/location where it happened
    • Any details of other parties involved (if applicable)
  • How can I find out how my assessment or repair is progressing?

    For queries on motor assessments and repairs you can call 13 11 82 from 8:00am - 8:00pm (ACST) Monday to Friday.

  • What happens with my excess?

    All excesses are specified in your insurance policy schedule or policy booklet and conditions regarding the payment of your excess will vary depending on the policy type, i.e. motor, land, etc.

    For example, with a motor claim, if CGU determine that you are not ‘at fault’ in an incident, CGU will not deduct the excess specified in your insurance policy when CGU settle your claim. However, if CGU determine you are ‘at fault’, the excess will apply. CGU will advise if you will need to pay an excess on your claim.

  • If I have an existing insurance policy, can my no claim bonus be transferred over?

    We base our no claim bonus on your driving history not your insurance history, even if you haven't had insurance in your name in the past.

  • Do I have a choice of either agreed or market value?

    You have a choice to insure your vehicle for either an agreed value or the market value.

  • What is an excess?

    When you make a claim you may need to contribute an amount towards the cost of that claim. This is called an excess.

  • I'm in the process of buying and selling a new car, what happens to my insurance during this time?

    We will provide temporary cover if you permanently replace your vehicle in the period of insurance from the date of purchase for a maximum of 14 days.
    All you need to do is contact us with the full details of the replacement vehicle within 14 days of taking ownership of the vehicle. A new premium for your replacement vehicle will need to be calculated.

  • What type of Insurance do I need?

    Comprehensive Insurance offers the most cover for you and your car if something goes wrong like an accident or storm damage. It’s also our most popular policy. If your car doesn’t need that much cover or Comprehensive is out of your budget, then take a look at a Third Party policy. They still include $30 million in liability cover which protects you if you damage other cars and property so you’re not stuck with a big bill after an accident. And with Third Party Fire and Theft, your car’s still covered if it’s stolen or catches fire. See the PDS for more details

  • Why do I have to pay an age excess?

    Insurance research shows drivers under 25 have a higher likelihood of lodging a claim where they are at fault. To compensate for that, an age excess applies if you are at fault in an accident.

  • What does 'market value' mean?

    The amount of money it would cost to replace your vehicle in your local area with an identical vehicle. This takes into account the condition of your vehicle. It also includes any GST and stamp duty you must pay for the transfer of ownership of the replacement vehicle.

  • What does 'agreed value' mean?

    Agreed value is the amount we agree to insure your vehicle for and remains fixed for the term of the current policy period. It is adjusted on each renewal and shown on your current schedule. An agreed value policy means that in the unfortunate event of your vehicle being declared a total loss, you know what you'll be covered for, regardless of changes in the market. This value includes modifications, manufacturers' options and accessories that we have agreed to insure.


Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we don’t have a branch in this area, so please call us on 13 11 82 to see how we can still help you.

Calculate what's included in comprehensive car insurance

What is comprehensive car insurance? Is it manadatory? What's covered? 

Learn more

Buy a car

Is it time to find, finance and purchase your new car? We can help.

Learn more

^Subject to the product issuer’s underwriting rules and acceptance guidelines. Policy conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for full details. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply and are available upon application.

The information above is general advice only and does not take into consideration your personal objectives, financial situation or needs (“your personal circumstances”). Please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), other Disclosure Documents and your personal circumstances before making any decision to purchase the products. Contact us on 13 11 82 with any questions, or visit your nearest branch to talk to a consultant.

General insurance (including Travel Insurance) is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance.

People’s Choice Credit Union, a trading name of Australian Central Credit Union Ltd. ABN 11 087 651 125 Australian Financial Services Licence 244310, acts under its own Australian Financial Service Licence and under an agreement with the insurer Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance.

We'd like to use your current location

For a more personalised experience please enter your location below...


Change your location