How do I become a member of People’s Choice Credit Union?
You can become a People's Choice Credit Union member by buying a redeemable $2 share.
Your $2 share gives you part ownership in People's Choice Credit Union and allows you access to our wide range of products and services. It also lets you vote at our general meetings and in the annual election of Directors.
You can open a membership at your nearest People's Choice Credit Union branch and will need to make sure you have sufficient identification documents with you.
If you are unable to visit a People's Choice Credit Union branch or would prefer to open your membership at a [email protected] Australia Post outlet, please call us on 13 11 82 for details.
What documents do I need to be identified?
The law requires us to verify your identity when you open an Account or Membership or when you become a signatory to an Account or Membership.
The documents required for identification purposes can be one or a combination of identification pieces as required under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act (2006).
When you visit a branch or [email protected] outlet to become a member, please bring the following document/s with you:
Primary Documents with photograph
- Current Drivers Licence
- Australian Passport (current or <2 years expired)
- Current Foreign Passport
- Student ID Card
- Proof of Age Card (issued under law of an Australian State or Territory)
- NSW Photo Card (Issued by NSW Road Transport Authority)
- Current Firearms Licence
- Indigenous Community Photo ID Card
Primary documents without photograph
- Australian Birth Certificate or Extract
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Pension Card (issued by Australian Government for financial benefits)
- Health Care Card (Issued by Centrelink)
- Veterans Affairs Concession Card
- Utility Bills (current within last 3 months)
- Council Rates (current within last 3 months)
- Australian Taxation Notice (current within last 12 months)
- Government Notice recording financial benefits (current within last 12 months)
- Bank Statement (current within last 3 months)
- Electoral Commission records
- Housing Trust records
- Children (under 18 years) - letter from school specifying name of child, currently residential address and period of time child attended the school (current within last 3 months)
At least one of the documents you provide must contain your photograph or signature. There may be other acceptable ways to prove your identity. For more information please contact us. The law requires all identification to be current.
The same rules apply to becoming a signatory to an existing Account or Membership.
If you change your name (for example, upon marriage) you will need to give us suitable evidence. We will give you guidance on how to initiate this change.